What to expect when you visit
us at the church of Christ in Granby, MO
Often people are hesitant to visit an unfamiliar worship assembly. We want you to feel comfortable and welcome at all of our assemblies. Here is what you can expect when you visit us:
honored guest you will be greeted cordially. Our congregation is a
diverse group of all ages, races, and backgrounds. The gospel is for
all, and we are all one in Christ (Galatians 3:28)
We will not
embarrass or intrude on you in any way. You can be assured you will be
treated with courtesy and kindness. We are a friendly group of
Christians and we will want to get to know you. You can expect a
warm welcome in the Granby congregation of the church of Christ.
Our worship is designed to be a period of reverent praise and devotion to God. You will not be confused by many people speaking at the same time. Good order will prevail at every worship service, as one of the brethren leads the congregation (1 Corinthians 14:33, 40).
You will be
able to reverently express your devotion to God and study what is
taught. We strive to follow the simple and spiritual pattern of
congregational worship found in the New Testament. We limit our activities
in our period of worship to those for which we can establish clear Biblical authority (1 Corinthians 4:6).
We believe that in this world of religious diversity, the best way to be
sure our worship is acceptable to God is to model the worship we offer
to Him after the worship offered by the New Testament Christians.
We do not add anything to or take anything away from the New Testament
pattern of worship practiced by the Christians written of in the Bible.
These are the things you will find us doing in our worship assemblies:
1) Singing: You will find us joining together in enthusiastic congregational singing. We sing to praise God and exhort one another, not for entertainment. (Ephesians 5:19)
We do not use manmade musical instruments in our worship because the New
Testament Christians did not. They sang, so we sing (Acts
2) Prayer: At every assembly, we will express our thanksgiving to God and ask for His blessings. (1 Timothy 2:8, Acts 2:42; 1 Thessalonians 5:17)
3) Communion: On every Sunday we assemble to observe the Lord’s Supper
(Acts 20:7, 1 Corinthians 11:23-26) The Lord's Supper, also
known as the communion (1 Corinthians 10:16), is a period of time where
we quietly partake of unleavened bread and fruit of the vine
(unfermented grape fruit juice), according to the Biblical pattern given
by Jesus Christ (Matthew 26:26-28).
4) Collection for the saints: In our Sunday assembly, our members will give as they have been prospered to meet the needs of the church in teaching and benevolence. Our guests are neither asked nor expected to participate (1 Corinthians 16:1,2).
5) Preaching and teaching: Accurate and relevant Bible teaching is an important element of our assemblies. We believe that we should have Scriptural authority for everything that we do as Christians, and as a church. The Bible is the inspired Word of God, and it is all that we use to determine our practices and beliefs. (Titus 2:1-2; 2 Timothy 4:2-5)
Feel free to ask questions on what you see, or on any other Bible subject.
Free written material on Bible subjects is available in our lobby, and you may request free audio recordings of the sermon. We are also happy to arrange personal Bible studies at your convenience.
We are ordinary people.
Children are always welcome in our assemblies. We have a quiet room available where you can care for your child should they need to leave the assembly. This room
is furnished with essentials for this purpose as well as an audio feed.
If you need assistance with a personal or spiritual matter, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
The best advice that we can give you is to “Come and see.” (John 1:46). Be our guest for a few weeks – observe, ask questions, get acquainted and prayerfully consider the things that you hear.
Our Service Times are:
10:00 – 10:45 AM Bible Study,
10:50 – 12:00 Noon Worship
6:00 – 7:00 PM Worship
7:00 – 8:00 PM Bible Study
Please be our